Can you imagine music without the mighty Trumpet? Possibly the musicians sat in front of them would like to! If you have already purchased, or about to purchase a Trumpet, it is important that you look after and care for it with the correct accessories. In this article, I will highlight the most suitable Trumpet Accessories available to ensure ongoing performance and quality from your instrument.
Check out our full range of trumpet accessories: HERE!
- Starting with mouthpieces, the most important accessory. They affect the intonation, the articulation and the tone, so it is important that you have a good quality and suitable one.
- Many an hour has been spent (or lost?) with trumpeters discussing their mouthpiece choices. The depth, cup & rim size, bore shape, makes, models… and probably the top note you can hit with it!
- Here at Normans we have a range of mouthpieces in stock for trumpets by Vincent Bach and Montreux.
- If you are just starting to play the Trumpet - or even if you are experienced and need something inexpensive - look no further than the Montreux Trumpet 7C Mouthpiece. At just £15, these mouthpieces are manufactured to the highest standard using professional musical engineering techniques giving a brilliant tone. On top of this they boast a perfect silver plate finish. They are inspired by the Bach 7C and Denis Wick 4 mouthpieces.
- At the higher, professional range of mouthpiece, we stock the ever-popular Vincent Bach 351 range. Used by many trumpeters across the world, Vincent Bach continues to engineer mouthpieces to the highest specification and reliability.
(Tips to avoid muck-ups ⬇)
- If you don’t have a safe and secure compartment in your trumpet case to store your mouthpiece, I strongly recommend a Sonata Mouthpiece Pouch. Very much cheaper than having dents removed from your beloved trumpet.
- Oh, and on the off-chance you get your mouthpiece stuck, don’t use boiling hot water. Please. This will either scold you or blister the lacquer: Or both! The best solution is to use one of our Bobcat Mouthpiece Extractors. With their well-engineered design and ease of use, you will get your mouthpiece out without pain or damage.
- Now I know that the last thing on any trumpet players mind is actually stopping their sound from piercing the back row of any venue they are playing in! But the use of mutes is a necessity in all musical combinations, from Ellington to Elgar, Chicago to Shostakovich.
- We stock the full range of Denis Wick Mutes at very competitive prices. Straight, Cup, Plunger, Extending Tube and Practice mutes all available. As the icing on the cake we also supply the highly sought after Yamaha Silent Brass mutes!
- These mutes allow you to practice so quietly you won't ever get another complaint from your neighbors. On top of this the Yamaha technology used gives you are far truer sound, unlike the distorted sound of a traditional practice mute.
- On top of this it offers minimal resistance, (when compared to a more traditional practice mute.) These factors make your playing experience as 'real life' as possible while keeping the volume down.
- Superslick Mouthpiece Brush- This mouthpiece brush is great for cleaning inside the mouthpiece cup and shank of your brass mouthpiece or a saxophone/clarinet mouthpiece to remove all the dirt. Use it with tepid slightly soapy water for best results. A great accessory for a student wanting to keep their mouthpiece in top condition.
- Superslick Tuning Slide Grease- A special formula light weight grease to keep clean tuning slides moving freely, smoothly and longer. Superslick Tuning Slide Grease offers an airtight seal around the tuning slide whilst providing excellent lubrication. This Grease is produced in a convenient 1/2 ounce plastic jar that can easily fit into most brass instrument cases. Apply a small amount to valve and tuning slides for easy movement.
- Superslick Valve Cleaning Brush-Great value valve cleaning brush ideal for cleaning the insides of valve casings on brass instruments. Easy to use, for best results use in conjunction with soapy water. Suitable for all valve instruments.
- Valve Oil- There are a few different valve oils to choose from in our range at similar price points, and it is mainly about choosing the one that you want: The colourful Blue Juice, the trusty Denis Wick Formula, or the always great value Montreux - All of our oils offer professional, excellent value and great protection for your instrument. Suitable for all brass instruments.
- All new Trumpet purchases come with a solid, hard and protective case, sometimes with a MDF construction or the more modern moulded hard plastic/resin design.
- These cases are a necessity if you are regularly transporting your trumpet in vans, aircraft baggage holds or coach luggage boots. However, as time passes, your original case may become damaged and defective.
- You may simply be in a situation where you need a robust and expertly made ‘Gig Bag’ to suffice for your precious Trumpet, offering a much lighter and more comfortable passage of travel.
- At Normans Musical Instruments you will find affordable cases and Gig Bags from Montreux, Chord and Champion.
- Trumpet stands can make your performance better and safeguard your Instrument.
- No matter how old or young, inexperienced or experienced you are, it doesn’t take much to heavy-handedly grab your instrument while attending to your music range.
- At just £17.99, the Montreux Trumpet Stand is suitable for all types of trumpet and cornet, brass or plastic! With a span of 32cm, the five legs provide fantastic stability and give you confidence that your instrument is secure when placed on the stand.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact our team: firstname.lastname@example.org