The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme (also known as AIPS) enables pupils at local authority schools to purchase instruments without paying VAT. The order must be made through the school and to help you with this, we've created a form which you can download here and hand in to your child’s school. Through this scheme, parents only pay the discounted prices – excluding the VAT quoted.
AIPS | THE RULES
Does your child qualify for AIPS? Most probably, yes. The rules (not set by us, unfortunately) are as follows:
- The student must be in full time education at a Local Authority School
- The student must be receiving music tuition at the school
- The instrument must be appropriate for the pupils needs
- The instrument must be used as part of their musical tuition
- The instrument must be handed over from school to pupil in a designated teaching room
- The instrument must be charged to the pupil/pupil’s parents at or below the schools (ex. VAT) cost
WHY AIPS? | SAVE VAT
The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme enables pupils at local authority schools to purchase instruments without paying VAT. As we all know, money is precious, which is why this is a great scheme that can really help parents access the instruments their children need and save money.
Student Alto Saxophone
Standard Purchase: £340.00
AIPS Purchase: £283.33
Normans AIPS Purchase: £283.33
+ Free Delivery + 5 Year Warranty
Please note: This is an example only and prices are subject to change.
TELL ME? | HOW DOES AIPS WORK?
HOW TO APPLY? | DOWNLOAD THE FORM
To place an order via your childs school, download the form below and hand this into the school quoting the AIPS scheme. It is a national scheme run by the government and enables pupils of local authority and academy schools to purchase musical instruments through their school excluding VAT.