So why is it so popular?You may be surprised to discover that there are many excellent, lifelong benefits of playing the Violin; and learning to play it! As with any instrumental undertaking, it simply requires having the right tools and the right instruction.
Benefits of Children Playing the ViolinChildren, when practising/performing can officially annoy friends and family without any repercussions! No, other than that! The physical, mental, and social benefits of playing a musical instrument are well-known, and the Violin offers the same positive aspects;
- Improved memory and attention span
- Sensory cognitive development
- Excellent social skills and inclusion
- Improved mental function and health
The other, parent-friendly benefit of playing the Violin, is the cost!
For younger children wanting to start playing the Violin, here at Normans, we fully cater for all sizes. We have the excellent Forenza Uno Violins, from ¼ size up to Full Size, and yes, superb quality.
Benefits of Teens Playing the ViolinEven if you don’t start early, anyone can learn to play the violin, no matter his or her age. In fact, many teens look to broaden their skills and enhance their college applications with a variety of extra-curricular activities. And here’s why;
- Emotional outlet from the rigours and stresses of education
- Physical improvement; breathing, posture etc.
- Social involvement and sense of belonging; team work
- College/University application advancement
Benefits of Adults Playing the ViolinIt’s never too late to start playing a musical instrument. Unless that is you are considering the Bag Pipes. In which case, may I strongly recommend a relocation to Scotland, Canada, or the lands of their invention, Persia/Syria/Turkey (now that will upset Nicola Sturgeon!!). In addition to all of the mental and physical benefits of playing the violin, adults who decide to learn the violin gain added advantages;
- Reduced stress and levels of anxiety (who doesn’t want that?!)
- Going back to performance later in life; a new, positive outlook
- Proven stimulus of the brain and prevention of early neuron deterioration