The Stentor Student II 15 inch viola is handmade in Stentor's own workshop. The pegs, nut and saddle are ebony and the viola is fitted with good quality strings and metal tailpiece with integral adjusters.
This viola has a solid ebony fingerboard which can be correctly shaped and profiled to maintain stability. The outfit is completed by a case with an integral cover and carrying straps plus a good quality wood bow with ebony frog.
- Size: 15 inch
- Solid, carved, spruce table
- Solid, carved, maple back and ribs
- Solid, carved, maple neck
- Individual hand shaping and finishing
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Traditional inlaid purfling
- Blacked rosewood fingerboard
- Ebony pegs
- Good quality bridge
- Alloy tailpiece with 4 integral adjusters
- Adjustable nylon tail gut
- Teka pattern hard wood chin rest and rope core strings
- Strong wood bow with ebony frog
- Natural white horsehair
- Good quality screw, eye and ferrule
- Lightweight case with burgundy red integral cover.
- Fitted interior with accessory pocket and two bow holders
- Carrying straps
- Music pocket covering whole lid
- External shoulder rest pocket
- Soft velvet type lining and case blanket or bag included